Friday, January 30, 2009

OK I Lied, First Update!

I said I would create my first post tomorrow, but quickly decided to throw in a quick word while sitting in my local Caribou.

I am currently a student at McNally Smith College of Music in St. Paul, MN, and today we had a very special guest come join us, Bobby McFerrin! (yes, the "Don't Worry, Be Happy" guy) Well if you only know him as that certain someone, then I swiftly urge you to take a deeper look!

Often under-appreciated, McFerrin seems to be a very genuine, down to earth person, and also one of the greatest vocal talents of recent history. In the very relaxed Q&A I was able to attend earlier today, Bobby made everyone feel at home, and was very warm and willing to answer any question thrown at him, also throwing in a good bit of comedy as well.

To be in the presence of this amazing talent for just an hour was still an immense privilege, and hearing him perform improvisational vocal pieces no one else may ever hear was really an incredible experience, I urge everyone to check out his solo works, and also collaborations with legends such as Chick Corea.


ALSO: When there is a break between concerts for myself, I'm going to be reviewing/talking about previous concerts, and all other sorts of stuff, so look out for that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment